I’m Still Alive

Sorry if I worried anyone with my inactivity… I’ve just been a bit preoccupied with a busy work schedule and the sheer amount of Christmas celebrations that I attended. Last night, after work, I spent all of the gift-card money I got for Christmas, and still made it home by 1am. It’s nice to have the practical stuff, sometimes. It really is.

In other news, work is going really well. In fact, I took a shift today that I wouldn’t have gotten if I weren’t “so nice.” A girl who works second shift came in and she and her mom practically begged me to take her shift for today. I need the hours pretty badly, so I said yes. They made it clear that she’d cover one of my shifts if I need it– but… well, I need my shifts, for one thing, and also– how do I know she won’t forget to show up? I don’t want to lose my job over that.

Also, a friend that I worked with about a year ago showed up, and was looking for a job. I vouched for him on the spot, as a good friend– but I was really being honest. He’s a good guy, who doesn’t start drama, shows up on time, and doesn’t just stand around. We definitely need more people like that!

I’m also pretty thrilled that my manager complimented me on my work. He pretty much told me not to fret over being slow. He said that I would build up speed over time, and he understood that.

I apologize that this post is boring and unrelated to anything… but it’s an effort to put anything on here at all– because I sliced my fingertip open on a DRINK LID (I don’t even know how), and so it’s pretty hard to touch anything, especially typing. Ugh, you never realize how much you touch stuff until it hurts. And even worse, since it’s on the finger tip, it’s almost impossible to put a bandaid on it. Unless I put a gob of tape over it– keep in mind I’m working with food, and no one wants a band aid touching their food.

Things are starting to look up, though. I mean it this time. More hours, more money, and I feel stable again. It’s miraculous how much of a difference that makes! I know now that I’m going to be okay– and it’s done wonders for my attitude. It’s easier to smile, and much easier to deny those tendrils of depression and doubt that ALWAYS surface when Vlad goes away for a while (he won’t be back until the second week of January).

That about sums it up. When I get home tonight, I’ll probably post something else, or maybe I’ll have a link later leading to something on deviantART, since I started a drawing weeks ago– and have been thinking of working on it. But until then, I need to get ready. I want to go in looking pretty, so then maybe people can ignore the band aid on my finger, or the bruises that keep popping up on my arms (I bruise like a banana; people are gonna think I get into fights)!


What do you think?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s